Dental implant and bone graft are related, with bone graft surgery supporting 97% of successful dental transplants. Dental implants are not everyone eligible to conduct, with people who have lost teeth for a long time, surely the bone has been destroyed and no amount of bone to create adhesion to the Implant pillar so the bone graft surgery in dental implant The department is very important and is conducted by a dental implant specialist. Check out this article to learn about the connection between dental implants and bone grafts
MỤC LỤC NỘI DUNG
- 1 Dental implant and bone graft?
- 2 What causes bone resorption and why do you need it?
- 3 Advantages – disadvantages of bone grafting method in implant
- 4 Who needs bone graft in dental implant and not?
- 5 What is bone implant material before dental implant?
- 6 Dental implant and bone graft technique
- 7 The procedure of bone transplant surgery in Implant
- 8 Bone implant techniques in Implant
- 9 Normal expression after performing bone transplant technique
- 10 How much do dental and bone implants cost?
- 11 Dental implant and bone graft –Note before and after
- 12 Conclude
Dental implant and bone graft?
Bone grafting in dental implants is a mandatory technique in some cases, in order to replenish and recreate part of the jaw bone that has gone away, increase the jaw bone volume, and be eligible to integrate and support the implant post. Bone grafting in dental implants is used to implant dentures into jaw bone to replace the lost root.
Bone grafting technique in dental implant will be implemented 9 – 12 months before placement of the implant, to ensure that the newly implanted bone area is stable and strong enough to integrate and hold the implant.
Bone grafting in dental implants is conducted when the quality and quantity of alveolar and maxillary bone of tooth loss are not eligible for Titanium implant.The autologous or artificial bone will be implanted into the position of missing teeth in different cases. After a period of time when the bone is fully integrated with the tooth cavity, the jaw of the tooth is missing, the doctor will conduct Implant pier.
- If customers lack of bone or just need artificial bone graft, bone graft can be performed directly at Vinh An Dental Clinic
- In cases of excessive bone resorption, bone grafting is required on its own and will be performed in a hospital with supportive or anesthetic prenatal team.
What causes bone resorption and why do you need it?
Due to periodontitis, long-term tooth loss, trauma or bone loss due to the use of dentures for many years led to bone loss resulting in bone loss affecting Implant implants.
The key to success of a Implant transplant is the size, quality of the jawbone and the procedure of the doctor.
Cases of bone resorption make the size of the jaw bone smaller, the thin jaw waves are not enough thickness and the height is suitable for placing Implant pillars. In that case, you need a sinus lift, bone graft. Cases of severe bone deficiency, if not bone transplant, the failure rate of Implant is very high.
Advantages – disadvantages of bone grafting method in implant
Advantages of bone grafting method in Implant
- Bone grafting technique helps people lose teeth for a long time and get bone resorption.
- Bone graft helps Titanium pill stick firmly to the jaw bone.
- Reconstruct jawbone structure, preserve jaw bone and real teeth.
- Retain the freshness of the face.
- Prevent jaw bone resorption.
- Easy to take place bone resorption after transplantation, very long hard bone, often very discrete, the adhesion is not high so the wound healing mechanism is very slow.
- The gums where the bone is implanted usually don’t have a reddish-pink color like real gums, but it easily turns into a dark color that is unsightly.
- Despite its high biological compatibility, but artificial bone has physical properties unlike real bones so its hardness is very low.
Who needs bone graft in dental implant and not?
- The density of jawbone is too thin and weak due to congenital.
- The jawbone is gone, due to the time it takes to lose the teeth.
- Strong injuries, or sequelae from previous surgeries.
⇒ People lose their teeth too long, their jaw bone is degenerated, alveoli do not meet the conditions for Implant transplant. To replant your teeth using the Implant method, you must transplant the bone to support the Implant post
- People lose their teeth all the jaw.
- People with systemic diseases such as immunosuppression, chemotherapy or radiation, uncontrolled diabetes, cardiovascular disease, coagulopathy, etc.
- People who are addicted to stimulants such as alcohol, tobacco …
- Are suffering from dental disease.
What is bone implant material before dental implant?
Before Implant transplantation, an important and indispensable stage is that the doctor will check the status of bone loss and take X-rays to determine the condition of the jaw bone that is eligible for Implant transplant.
If the patient’s jaw bone is not up to standard then an additional bone transplant is required. The bone transplant aims to extend the width and height of the patient’s jawbone so that the rate and standards for dental implants are met.
If the bone density is not enough, it is not possible to keep the Implant post firmly on the arch of the jaw as well as provide a complete artificial tooth both in anatomical and natural functions like real teeth. Materials used for bone grafting in Implants are usually used by doctors with materials such as:
Dental implants and autologous bone grafts mean using bones on body parts such as the hip bone, jaw bone, chin bone, skull bone, etc. to transplant the bone into the tooth socket.
Dental implants and autologous bone grafts have the advantage of being highly safe, without the risk of infection
Disadvantages: need to operate both areas which need bone transplant and where bone needs to be transplanted
Homologous bone graft:
Dental transplants and homologous bone grafts are those taken from other individuals of the same species, the location of bone collection such as cartilage tissue, bone tissue, internal organs
Advantages: Use a small amount or a large number of suitable transplant tissue
Cons: highly unsafe infection
Heterologous bone graft:
Dental implants and hetero-bone grafting are made from individuals of different species but this is not a safe and good method for grafting due to many bad complications.
Artificial bone grafting:
Dental and artificial bone implants are biological bone samples containing Hydroxy apatite or Beta-tricalcium phosphate, artificial bone implants into alveoli. Dental implant method and artificial bone transplant are highly safe and easy to transplant, but the time for artificial bone to integrate into the alveolar bone can be up to 6 months and then the implant can be placed and the prosthesis will be restored.
⇒ Dental implants on the front tooth need bone grafts
Dental implant and bone graft technique
Bone grafting includes bone grafting, bone grafting, or bone fractures.
Artificial bone grafting: The main component of artificial bone is Hydroxy apatite or Beta-tricalcium phosphate, which can dissipate on its own. The artificial bone is implanted into the missing bone space, creating space for the bone to grow by itself, after which the artificial bone will dissipate on its own. In particular, every 1 month, the bone itself will grow by 1mm, so it takes 6 months for the new bone to grow to the level needed for Implant transplant and it takes another 3 to 6 months to make prosthesis on the Implant. This is a type of biological bone inserted into the implant where needed. This type of bone graft is also very effective and safe.
Autologous bone graft: bone is removed from another part of the patient’s own body (pelvis, chin bone, etc.) into the bone deficient area. This type of bone graft usually works well because the bone is easily accepted by the body.
When the bone graft itself. Time is similar to artificial bone transplant. In the case of a lack of bone can transplant Implant and bone graft at the same time, 6 months later to make prosthesis. These are simple techniques such as minor conventional tooth extraction surgery. You will not feel too inconvenient or uncomfortable to perform because in cases of bone loss due to long-term tooth loss, it is a good way for you to have the perfect implant.
Sinus lift and bone enhancement techniques:
Sinus lift: When treating Implant in the back tooth area of the upper jaw, it is necessary to pay attention to the height of the jawbone, because the upper limit of this height is the bottom of the maxillary sinus. There are many sinus lift techniques done to increase height. Implant placement may be done at the same time as sinus lift, or you may have to wait a few months afterwards.
Osteomyelitis: A simple technique to widen the jaw waves, then the procedure of treating Implant as usual.
These are simple techniques such as conventional minor tooth extraction surgery. You will not feel too inconvenient or uncomfortable doing so.
The procedure of bone transplant surgery in Implant
Step 1: Check the medical records and patients:
Assess the general body condition and local.
Step 2: Technical implementation
- Regional anesthesia and local anesthetic
- Anesthesia if needed.
- Prepare jaw bone region
Create a lining by 3 incisions:
- Incision along the living mucosa: corresponds to the missing tooth area.
- Two vertical incisions go from both ends of the incision toward the vestibular niche so that the flap has a trapezoidal bottom, large enough to handle.
- Using appropriate dissection tree to remove flap of periosteum lining to reveal surgical area.
- Crease the stretch line
- Prepare bone surface: Use appropriate drill to drill bone shell to create bleeding points.
Place artificial bone powder and membrane:
Place artificial bone powder:
Mix bone meal with patient blood or physiological saline.
Place the blended bone meal in the prepared jaw bone surface with the correct amount.
Lay the membrane over the bone meal and fix it
Step 3: Stitch closure of the lining.
Bone implant techniques in Implant
In this technique, the autologous bone (chin bone, jaw bone) can be used but artificial bone powder is often used.
Depending on the specific situation, the doctor may decide to place the Implant and bone implant at the same time or wait for the bone graft area to heal and stabilize before placing the Implant. A bone graft may be aimed solely at creating an aesthetic and avoiding food remaining in the bone loss area.
When placing Implant pillar in the maxillary tooth area, the doctor should pay attention to avoid puncturing the maxillary sinus. If the jaw bone is low and close to the base of the jaw, sinus lift will be conducted to increase the height of the jaw bone before placing the Implant.
Sinus lift bone implant
It is one of the difficult procedures, requiring a good surgeon, experienced with a full range of sinus lifting equipment and modern equipment.
At Vinh An Dental Clinic, there is available bone to perform once for bone transplant and Implant transplant. Therefore, the bone resorption after implantation is almost negligible, high aesthetics due to the jaw waves keeping the form round evenly, especially the upper gums are not dark or dark.
=>> Reference: implant dental surgery
Normal expression after performing bone transplant technique
- Bleeding after surgery: bleeding is normal after surgery and will stop automatically after 30 minutes
- Where there is swelling. Patients may use ice packs to apply cheeks
- Body temperature may increase slightly around 38 ° C
What are the following symptoms after performing the technique and need immediate re-examination?
- Continuous bleeding after surgery.
- Infections of the implant area: Patients will be indicated for systemic and topical antibiotics.
How much do dental and bone implants cost?
The cost of dental implants and bone grafting in Vinh An dentistry is almost the package only on Implant poles without having to pay any other cost ⇒ 6 dental implants cost
|Implant incluced abutment and crown||$1.000 – 1.200|
|“All on Four” System with fixed acrylic bridge||$6.000 – $8.000|
|“All on Six” System with fixed acrylic bridge||$7.600 – $10.200|
|Bone graft – Small||$250 – $300|
|Bone graft – Big||$350 – $500|
|Sinus lifting||$250 – $600|
|Implant Supported Overdenture, removable (with 2 implants)||$2.800 – $3.800|
|Implant Supported Overdenture, removable (with 4 implants)||$4.400 – $6.400|
Dental implant and bone graft –Note before and after
Dental implant and bone graft – Before:
- Do not use stimulants for at least 2 weeks
- Root treatment of oral disease
After dental implant and bone graft:
- After dental implants and bone grafts will be swollen and need pain medication as directed by the dentist
- Do not touch the implant with the tongue or other objects
- Limit coughing or sneezing
- Gargle with a solution recommended by your dentist after dental and bone grafting
- No smoking, no drinking alcohol, stimulant in the first 3 weeks
- Use soft, easy-to-swallow foods
Dental implant and bone graft were shared by the dental implant clinic – Vinh An Dental Clinic in this article. Hopefully, it will provide you with accurate information about the treatment of lost teeth for patients. For a detailed quote, to learn more about the total fake cost, visit https://nhakhoavinhan.com/ or call Hotline: 1800 6359 to book an appointment and be consulted by the Dental Implant Specialist be
VINH AN DENTAL CLINIC
Address: 438 Hoang Van Thu, Ward 4, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City
Hotline: 1800 6359
Reference now: porcelain crowns price