What is dental implant healing abutment and dental implant healing cap? The dental implant healing cap is made of titanium or titanium alloy, dental implant healing abutment supports in the final contour for the crown, the exposed part of the dental implant is sealed from the rest of the oral cavity.
MỤC LỤC NỘI DUNG
- 1 Healing abutment
- 2 How is the abutment placed?
- 3 Dental implant healing abutment has many advantages
- 4 What is dental implant healing cap?
- 5 What are the advantages of dental implant healing cap?
- 6 Where to put the healing cap?
- 7 Dental implant healing abutment, healing cap has been placed
- 8 Summary
Healing abutment healing abutment helps the area around the gum tissue transplant heal quickly. Once the gum has healed, the Implant will be implanted. The abutment can be placed at the same time with the dental implant or it can be separated into 2 dental implant surgery depending on the patient’s dental condition.
How is the abutment placed?
- When placing the abutment during the second dental implant surgery, the first small incision is made in the gum tissue
- Temporary implant placement to secure implants
- Once the gum has healed, the last tissue will be placed
Dental implant healing abutment has many advantages
- Support in the final contour for crowns
- Aesthetics for soft tissue
- Allow the contact part of the dental implant to be sealed from the rest of the oral cavity.
=> See more: implant dental instruments
What is dental implant healing cap?
A dental implant healing cap is a small, cylindrical metal dome placed above the gum and above fixed screws. The healing cap is made of titanium, height from 2 to 10 mm. The healing cap (or Cover) is a gums that guide the healing of the gums, helping the gums to heal after being healed in a proper shape, so that when the ceramic crown is placed on the implant post, it looks like a natural tooth, ensure perfect aesthetics.
What are the advantages of dental implant healing cap?
- Dental implant caps are placed on the exposed part of the implant, which seals the head away from the air in the mouth.
- The healing caps close the soft tissue surrounding the implants, they are designed to look like a natural shape
- The contour of the crown is determined by the healing cap
- Prevent other implant surgery impacts, prevent the downward development of soft tissue into transplantation
=>> Reference: is dental implant surgery painful
Have appropriate diameter length:
Dental implants with Implant must put a healing cap on the upper part, helping the gums after healing will have the appropriate shape, so that when the ceramic crown is placed on the implant pillar, it looks like a natural tooth, ensuring Preserved aesthetics perfect
Where to put the healing cap?
Two-stage transplant, after the bone transplant process is completed and wait for the time to heal, the healing cap will be screwed over the top of the implant with surrounding sutures for a short period of about 2 weeks.
One stage dental implant, the healing cap will be placed immediately during the surgery.
⇒ The healing cap must be placed entirely on the implant platform to prevent bone / tissue from growing between the implant and the screw.
- Titanium metal
Dental implant healing abutment, healing cap has been placed
Dental implant healing abutment:
It takes 2 months – 3 months for the gums to heal, during which time you need to follow the advice and instructions of a dentist to avoid damaging the gums, causing a wound to heal or infection.
Dental implant healing cap- Healing cap (or Cover cap):
The dental implant healing cap is carefully and sterile, the implants removed and the dental implant will be sterile and used only once for that patient, not reused, even though it is sterile
=> Reference: dental implant and bone graft
Should call the dentist until?
Dental implant healing abutment and you encounter these cases:
- Blood flows endlessly
- Pain in the jaw, mouth and does not subside
- High fever, high body temperature
- Loose abutment is not fixed
Dental implant healing abutment, dental implant healing cap has been shared by Vinh An Dental Clinic in this article, if you need more advice about dental implants or need to answer questions about dental implants immediately contact the dental implant center – Vinh An dentistry to be consulted by dental implant specialist
VINH AN DENTAL CLINIC – the dental implant centre
Address: 438 Hoang Van Thu, Ward 4, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City
Hotline: 1800 6359
=> You should see: porcelain crowns vs zirconia crowns