Implant dental surgery? Is dental implant surgery painful? The answer is definitely yes because any slightest injury makes us feel pain, fear or anxiety. However, the level of pain is also very different depending on the psychology, the location of each person, It also depends on the number of teeth to be replaced, the implant technology and the level of medical staff of each center. In the article, we will explore the issue of “Dental implant surgery” in details.
MỤC LỤC NỘI DUNG
- 1 What is implant dental surgery?
- 2 What are the advantages and disadvantages of implant dental surgery?
- 3 Who is implant dental surgery for?
- 4 How is implant dental surgery done?
- 5 Dental implant time after the best tooth extraction?
- 6 Bone graft prior to dental transplant surgery?
- 7 How long does a painless dental transplant take?
- 8 Is dental implant surgery painful?
- 9 Which is more painful in implant dental surgery and tooth extraction?
- 10 Is it painful after implant surgery?
- 11 Painless dental implant surgery should note what?
- 12 How do you know if a dental implant surgery is successful?
- 13 Where is the painless dental implant surgery good in HCMC?
- 14 Summary
What is implant dental surgery?
Dental implant surgery is a method of implant fixed dentures by Implant method, which restores teeth for people who have lost their teeth for a long time and have no root or those who have recently lost their teeth. Implant dental surgery is to implant a pillar in the jaw bone to make a new root and the advantages are superior in compare with other methods of dental treatment.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of implant dental surgery?
Dental implant surgery is considered by experts to be the most perfect dental treatment, a remarkable advantages over the solution of implant dentures by removable jaw or bridge.
Dental implant surgery with Implant will only take place where the tooth is lost, would not affect other teeth (surrounding teeth) without changing the tooth structure, preserving the real teeth.
Dental Implant is structured like a real tooth including root and crown, so dental implant surgery will give very surprising results, helping customers to have beautiful natural teeth. High aesthetic, restoring chewing function, dental implant tooth can be used up to 30 years.
Dental implant surgery with Implant prevents jaw bone resorption, after losing teeth for a long time; the gums are no longer have a base which make your face deformed. With dental Implant, the Implant pillar is the root and is fixed in the jaw bone. Other methods of artificial dentures are not capable of preventing jaw bone resorption.
Dental Implant surgery can be applied to cases of missing teeth in different positions; 1 or 2 or more teeth loss can still be fixed with dental implant surgery.
Dental implant surgery by Implant requires high technology, skillful doctor, modern system equipment and machinery, and sterile operating room.
Dental Implant surgery is more successful when the dentist has experienced, knowledges about Implant, have successfully performed many dental implant surgeries.
Dental implant surgery with Implant has high price and limited cases
Dental implant surgery takes quite a long time: 3 months – 6 months or up to 9 months, depending on the condition of each person that the implant needs to integrate with jaw bone before proceed to the next steps.
=> Advisory: Dental implant and bone graft
Who is implant dental surgery for?
Implant dental surgery applies to:
- Patients with 1 tooth loss or multiple teeth loss
- People who lose whole jaw or have only 1 missing teeth
- People who have recently lost their teeth or lost their teeth for a long time
Cases that dental implants are not possible:
- The height and width of the jawbone is not enough
- Bone mass is not qualified
- The space that needs to be restored is not enough
- Patients under the age of 18, who have cardiovascular, neurological diseases
- Pregnant women, patients with acute inflammation in the oral cavity
How is implant dental surgery done?
Step 1: CT scan, consult
The dentist will examine the patient’s oral condition, CT scan to check bone density, jaw bone thickness and blood tests. After examining, the dentist will advise you carefully about treatment plan, and quote the costs and time for each stage.
Step 2: Start the Implant
Patient should calm down, keep mentally stable, have good health before dental implant surgery is conducted. The dentist will rinse your mouth to avoid infection, inject anesthetic to the treated area to reduce pain for patients.
Conducting Implant pillar in jaw bone, after this stage, the dentist will attach a temporary tooth to help you eat and drink more easily while waiting for the Implant pillar to stabilize in the jawbone.
This step requires a very high level of care, and it is very important because it affects the success of dental implants.
Step 3: Install porcelain teeth:
After 2 months – 3 months, the pillar integrated with the jawbone, the dentist will proceed to fix porcelain teeth to create the crown.
Step 4: Schedule a follow-up visit
In the first month after dental implant surgery, you should go to the dental center to be checked carefully by the doctor, making sure the new tooth does not make you uncomfortable in daily activities like eating.
=> According to the review of Implant experts and customers who have used the dental implant service, the dental implant is less painful than they thought because the dental implant will be injected with anesthesia during the procedure. where transplantation is needed, after a complete transplant surgery will be prescribed by a dentist for pain relief at home
In order to help patients still be able to eat and drink during treatment, the dentist will attach a temporary bridge or a fake crown and care should be taken to avoid eating hard, hard chewing foods. When the jaw bone has healed, you will be implanted with Implant (permanent prosthetic) and proceed to attach the denture to form a complete tooth.
=> Reveal: Dental implant years after extraction
Dental implant time after the best tooth extraction?
For decayed teeth that need to be removed then restored dentures, usually dentists will implant dentistry immediately think that dentures are made immediately after extractions to preserve the bone. to create grip for the fake Implant cylinder
In case jaw bone is missing, it is required to transplant more bone and it takes 3 months to heal to be able to carry out the procedure of dental implant surgery.
=>> References: 4 in 1 dental implant cost
Bone graft prior to dental transplant surgery?
In case the patient has lost teeth for a long time and did not use any method to treat the lost teeth, the chances of the bone fracture are no longer very high.
Bone grafting is a procedure to help restore your jaw, the first successful dental implant condition is to force the jawbone to have enough bone to help create good adhesion to the Implant post when plugged in, supporting successful transplant. and it takes 3-4 months for a bone graft to heal and a dental procedure to follow
How long does a painless dental transplant take?
The process of dental implants does not take long to recover, it depends on the location of each patient, usually recovery time is 6 months – 9 months and dental implants can heal or not. The following should be noted:
- How many surgeries are needed before the procedure for prosthetic implants
- Is the bone cavity good for oral health to undergo dental implants?
- The location of each customer
- Follow the instructions given by the dentist for the best treatment
Is dental implant surgery painful?
Dental implant surgery is the process of placing a titanium cylinder instead of the actual tooth, until the cylinder is integrated into the jaw bone, then the ceramic crown is mounted. In many cases, dental implants will be the only solution to restore the chewing function and supporting structures.
Dental implant surgery is a process of making dentures, depending on the number of teeth lost, patient’s dental treatment, .. which takes the completion of dental implants from 3 months to 6 months.
First, an incision will be made on the gum, the dentist will place the implant in the original jaw instead of the original one.
The gum is then sutured with sutures, waiting for the time to heal is 3 months depending on the patient’s location, during which jaw bone will form around the implant. To help patients eat easier, dentists will put temporary crowns for better aesthetics eating better
After the implanted wound has healed, the abutment is placed on the implant, the abutment is an extension of the implant metal pillar and serves as the basis for new teeth, new tooth impression and porcelain crowns. dentures
Fast implant plugging time:
The time from anesthesia to pillar finishing takes only about 30 minutes. Therefore, customers will have almost no feeling during the implementation process.
One of the factors that help customers feel more secure about the problem of implant plug pain is the application of anesthetic in the implementation process. Accordingly, based on the results of the general examination, the Doctor will determine the amount of anesthetic in accordance with the current condition of the Customer. This amount of medicine will help customers comfortable and absolutely does not affect health.
=> Discover: Dental implant and bridge
The support of modern equipment:
At reputable dental facilities, modern equipment is always fully equipped. These devices have the role of supporting the doctor on the correct Implant plug-tooth regimen, with the least impact on the nerves. Therefore, the discomfort when making teeth is minimized.
Experienced and skilled treating doctors:
Besides equipment elements, the experience of the treating doctor also plays a huge role in helping the process of making Implant teeth take place comfortably. In addition, experienced doctors also have the ability to handle and quickly overcome complications that may occur during Implant. At this time, the success rate and effectiveness of Implant implant is also higher.
Dental implants will hurt during surgery?
Using safe anesthetic only for the implant and you are still awake, the local anesthetic can only reduce pain by 80% but you need to keep the most comfortable psychology for the surgery to go smoothly.
Is it painful after dental implant surgery?
After a few days of dental implant you will feel uncomfortable, feel in the chin, cheeks or under the eyes, have a lot of pain at the implant site and have small bleeding so you need to take painkillers according to the dentist Department of Statistics
To alleviate pain at the transplant site, in addition to medication, you need to use an ice pack (or pack of frozen vegetables) to reduce swelling, and should eat soft foods after each surgery period for up to the first 2 weeks
Cleaning with warm salt water during the days after the procedure helps relieve pain and soothe tissues
Besides, to limit discomfort Customers need to pay attention to how to take care of after Implant
- Never rinse your mouth with diluted salt water. This can kill or wash off newly formed cells, causing the healing process to last longer.
- No smoking is 2-4 weeks after implantation.
- Do not arbitrarily use antibiotics Aspirin to relieve pain. Only take the full medication prescribed by your doctor.
- Minimize food to fall into the implant.
- Drink plenty of water to ease discomfort and clean the oral cavity
- Do not exercise vigorously and avoid direct collisions.
- Use a soft brush to clean the pillars and mucosa around the Implant.
- Re-examination of a thread trimmer as directed by the Doctor, usually after 10 days.
=> See more: Dental implant experience
After attaching ceramic crowns on Implant:
- Do not chew food for about 60 minutes after attaching porcelain crowns.
- Eat soft, easy-to-swallow foods on the first day of attaching crowns to Implants. It is possible to slowly increase the hardness of food in the following days.
- Regular oral hygiene with dental floss and toothpaste 2 times / day.
- Regular examinations every 3 months in the first year.
=> Is dental implant surgery painful is not a concern of many customers who are in need of dental implants. For normal teeth, people will feel a sharp pain when chewing on hard objects. Instead, during implant surgery, it will hurt even if the wound is small, the pain level of the patient will be different. It is why you need to be mentally stable to reduce the level of pain, and if your body is sensitive it will hurt more. In addition, is dental implant surgery painful more or less depending on the number of teeth to be replaced, implant technology, assistive devices, and skills of doctors.
>>Reference: dental implant x ray image is needed in the Implant procedure
Which is more painful in implant dental surgery and tooth extraction?
Tooth extraction will make you feel uncomfortable, so the dentist must use assistive devices
Implant dental surgery:
Implant surgery will not be as painful as a tooth extraction because after the lost tooth, the nerves in the root will be destroyed, so when receiving implant, the patient will not feel pain clearly.
Is it painful after implant surgery?
After is dental implant surgery painful? After the implant dental surgery is finished, the anesthetic will wear off and you will also feel pain, To relieve pain, your dentist will give you pain medication, but you need to do the following:
- Take painkillers as directed
- Apply an ice pack or warm washcloth to reduce swelling
- Do not use alcohol or tobacco
- Do not eat hot, spicy food which can help heal quickly and not feel painful anymore
Painless dental implant surgery should note what?
- After dental implant surgery, bite the gauze to stop bleeding in about 45p-60p, apply ice to relieve pain, use a warm towel to dissolve bruising.
- Brush your teeth gently, using a soft bristle brush, be careful not to touch the implanted wound
- Using liquid, soft food, use higher pillows when sleeping
- Limiting movement in the first 24 – 48 hours after dental implant, avoiding strong impact that can damage the implant area and the Implant is shaken
- Limit sneezing, do not smoke because it will make the implant site become infected, do not drink liquids through a straw, do not use food using a fork to bring into the mouth, avoid using too hot food
- After dental implant surgery, the doctor will prescribe medication and instructions for use. Therefore, you need to follow the instructions exactly and not arbitrarily take any other medicines. In case if you are being treated for another medical condition, you should discuss this with your doctor.
- Avoid running for the first 48 hours. Because this operation can damage the implant area and make the Implant loose.
- Perform periodic examinations every 6 months and dental hygiene to check Implant as well as bite adjustment, adjust chewing force if necessary.
- Avoid letting food fall into the implant area, especially hard foods or hot liquids in the first days because it will make your teeth ache, reducing efficiency after surgery.
- Drink plenty of fluids and milk during this time to maintain good oral hygiene and soothe soreness after surgery, helping you recover faster.
- Absolutely do not touch the implant with your finger or any other object to “check” the healing because it can seriously affect the bone integration process.
How do you know if a dental implant surgery is successful?
Are dental implant surgery risky?
Similar to other dental implant surgeries, each lost tooth treatment has risks in the process of restoring teeth, but most of them are small risks which are not serious or affected. to health. The risks in dental implant surgery are:
- The location of the implanted infection
- The surrounding tooth structure is damaged
- Nerves in the jawbone can be affected by pain, numbness, tingling in the teeth, gums or chin
- Sinus related issues
=> Reveal: Dental implant market
Normal expression after performing dental implant surgery:
- After dental implant surgery, bleeding is normal for 30 minutes and then stops automatically
- Swelling, pain van be treated with an ice pack applied to the right cheek or left cheek (where it swells)
- Body temperature increases by 38 ° C
Abnormal expression after performing dental implant surgery?
- Bleeding nonstop after surgery
- Infections of the implant due to improper oral hygiene, stimulants (alcohol, beer, cigarettes, ..)
- Implant post exposed after dental implant surgery
- After dental implant surgery, if you have these symptoms, you should go to the dental center immediately for re-examination for a timely solution.
Where is the painless dental implant surgery good in HCMC?
Vinh An Dental is one of the best implant dental clinic in Ho Chi Minh City with modern facilities, doctors are experts in the field of dental implants and cosmetic dentistry, so patients are completely assured of The result, quality and is completely painless. The process of implant implant at the dental implant center is completely painless by the following factors:
- Team of highly specialized and skillful doctors; Enthusiastic, experienced assistants will help customers eliminate all worries during the implant process.
- Anesthetic products, quality analgesics, genuine origin and are checked periodically to ensure the process of implants will be as comfortable as a spa.
- High-class and modern equipment such as the Kavo dental chair system are capable of automatically disconnecting the power when an incident occurs, the Implant machine and the diverse size drill set, the world’s leading Implant pillars …
- Application of surgical guide trough helps determine the exact placement of Implant, minimize postoperative swelling, shorten treatment time.
- Using aroma therapy and music combined with the delicate care of the team of doctors and dental assistants in Vinh An helps customers reduce stress.
- Regularly organizes training courses on pain relief in dentistry with the advice of famous experts in the industry, helping employees improve their skills and Customers feel more comfortable when implanting.
- Aseptic room of Vinh An Implanted Dentistry meets the City Health Department standard. Ho Chi Minh City is always strictly controlled to minimize complications, while minimizing travel time.
What is implant dental surgery? is dental implant surgery painful ? How to perform dental implant surgery? Vinh An Dental Clinic has shared with you some knowledges about Implant surgery, hoping that it will help those who are looking for a solution have better understand about this dental implant.
>>Need to know: answer dental implant questions from an experienced dental specialist
When wishing to have painless dental implant surgery, please contact us via 1800 6359 or visit Vinh An Dental Clinic for free consultation and consultation by specialists.
VINH AN DENTAL CLINIC
Add: 438 Hoàng Văn Thụ street, Ward 4, Tân Bình district, TPHCM
Hotline: 1800 6359